Friday 1 February 2013

I Like Me Some Wide Open Spaces

Ever since the government released a white paper on growing the population on our tiny little island-country to 6.9 million, I've been savoring every uncrowded moment. It feels a little ridiculous to import the numbers that the powers-that-be desire, and to try to accommodate everyone by importing sand to reclaim land. This baffles me and my inner-wild-child-who-longs-for-wide-open-spaces can no longer keep mum about this issue. Le sigh.

Because of that, I greatly appreciated my quiet little moment this morning, cradling a Starbucks mug while working in a uncrowded corner in town. The pleasures of telecommuting. No crowds! No jostling for space to stand! Alas, it was not to last, and people started streaming in as the clock continued to move towards noontime.

No comments:

Post a Comment