Sunday 14 July 2013

Fête de la Musique weekend in Geneva

I had the good fortune of escaping the haze situation in Singapore for slightly more than a week when we flew to Europe for my brother's graduation. Despite the butt numbing-ly long flight times in between my blanketed-in-haze country and Europe, I would choose to return to that part of the world in a heartbeat. I fell in love with the continent, the gorgeous landscape and fresh smell of grass in the air, and the culture and architecture when I first went over for French immersion in Montpellier, and then for a semester exchange programme in Leeds during my undergraduate days.

We were lucky that our arrival in Geneva coincided with Fete de la Musique (or the Festival of Music) weekend. Although fatigue was kicking in as we battled the effects of a red eye flight filled with moody babies, we joined the throngs enjoying music at every corner in the old town. It was a nostalgic experience as the last time I was in Europe during the festival was 5 years ago in Montpellier! Ahh, such memories.

These guys were really popular!
A little violinist came out to play
Strings playing in a cathedral
On a completely unrelated note, I have started using items usually found in the kitchen on my hair. I have had enough of expensive products that contain chemicals and have turned to using coconut oil and apple cider vinegar on my scalp, and to restore vibrancy to my increasingly brittle hair. And it is working! I love how soft my hair feels after using those ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment