Sunday 16 March 2014

Writings from another land

Exactly a month ago, I packed the last of my items for a new adventure in a new country. The act of dumping and arranging clothes to fit into the rectangular confines of the luggage signified a consolidation and the beginning of an unknown step in another totally different direction.


And now here I am in beautiful Adelaide, studying for my Masters degree in an area that I truly feel passionate about. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I doubted my decision or cried at the strangeness of things. But I can only look ahead and keep the desired end in mind. A stagnant career in a office job just did not suit me and drove me close to depression. So I am glad I decided to make the move even if it means leaving behind a stable income and starting my career all over again. 

The monthly night market

Despite my initial concerns about the city and the idea that most have of Adelaide as a boring place, I'm growing to enjoy the place and the many great neighbourhoods around South Australia. I can't wait to share more about my little adventures on this space! Until then!

View from my new home

No comments:

Post a Comment