Wednesday 29 August 2012

Oh the places I'll go!

I've reached the end of documenting two weeks of my life in Myanmar and thought I should write about this blog's raison d'etre.

The travel bug hit me hard while I was on a semester exchange programme at the University of Leeds in the UK, 3 years ago.

My part time work at a bar prior to the exchange experience helped pay for my crazy travels around Europe. I took a bus out every weekend to a different UK town and spent the Easter holidays in the main continent.

Guiltily, I spent more time seeing the world than attending classes and reading my texts! (But then again, that is what the exchange is for).

Travelling opened my eyes to a world away from the sometimes protective confines of an Asian society. It fed my soul and expanded my mind. And so, here I stand, still touched by that magical experience, still looking for places to go and mountains to climb.

"Shakespeare is the happy hunting ground of all minds that have lost their balance."
- Ulysses, James Joyce

Holy shit, the quote explains so much! (A joke, dear readers)

Part of the cubicle

No comments:

Post a Comment