Sunday 9 September 2012

A quiet Sunday morning

Today, I'm enjoying a quiet Sunday morning to myself. It is really a rare moment because I'm usually sleeping till my stomach wakes me up for lunch.

I am now headed to the supermarket to get some things for a picnic in the late afternoon with my best friends.

Just finished "Herland", by the same writer of one of my favourite short stories "The Yellow Wallpaper", for my Coursera course. It is difficult to find time to read, think and write for the courses in between work but I'm enjoying the balance. I miss school. I miss Literature!

Anyway, "Herland" is great. The utopia that the female characters achieve is without the elements that I hate in the real world - war, destruction and the whole notion of the afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment