Sunday 8 September 2013

Handwritten with Love

"Babyiest, see as many sunrises and sunsets as you can. Run across roads to smell fat roses. Always believe you can change the world – even if it’s only a tiny bit, because every tiny bit needed someone who changed it. Think of yourself as a silver rocket – use loud music as your fuel; books like maps and co-ordinates for how to get there. Host extravagantly, love constantly, dance in comfortable shoes, talk to Daddy and Nancy about me every day and never, ever start smoking. It’s like buying a fun baby dragon that will grow and eventually burn down your f***ing house."

I love traditional hand written letters, which are sadly, a disappearing thing these days. Naturally, the wonderful site, Letters of Note, remains one of my favourite bookmarked sites.

Lately, I stumbled upon a great letter written by Caitlin Moran to her daughter via another blog that I frequent, A Cup of Jo.

It is funny and inspiring. When I decide to join the childbearing crowd, I too would love to write such tender loving letters to my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment