Wednesday 25 November 2015

Cherries for better sleep?

Breakfast was my leftover lemon blueberry scone and half a avocado mashed with a hard boiled egg. 


This was followed by a cup of cappuccino, a kiwi fruit and some cashew nuts (less than 10) while I roasted vegetables in preparation for the evening meal. How did I live without an oven for almost 2 years!! 

Lunch was soup with sweet potato noodles and vegetables, and a serve of oven baked dory. 


I went into the city early to walk around before work and ended up leaving Woolies with a bag of cheese rolls. Needless to say, I had one fluffy and doughy roll. My love for carbohydrates is so difficult to control! 

Dinner was a mixed bowl of roasted vegetables (zucchini, tomatoes and carrots), beets steeped in vinegar, soya beans, pasta and cottage cheese. 


I had to help with desserts in the kitchen and due to an error where I squirted butterscotch syrup instead of caramel syrup, I had some ice cream. A cup of hot chocolate ended my shift. 

And then it was home where I had a bowl of cherries in the hopes that the natural melatonin would help me have a good night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment