Tuesday 24 November 2015

Thermomix party


The day started out with me being rather disciplined in terms of food intake. Instead of ravenously gobbling down whatever I could get my hands on for breakfast, as I am usually wont to do, I made a batch of lemon and blueberry scones to bring to Kate's house, so I ended up having one of them with a cup of chai tea for breakfast. I did have a handful of cherries (the last 23 in the packet, to be exact) while waiting for the scones to be ready. 



I also managed to squeeze in a 30 minute gym session (4km run, 4km bike, 1km rowing) in the later part of the morning. 

Lunch was a big bowl of my favourite soup with the vegetables in the fridge, some sweet potato noodles and chicken dumplings. The dumplings were on half price from Woolies and were surprisingly tasty! 


Dessert was a banana with peanut butter. I also had a green apple for a snack.

Things went downhill for dinner. We had a Thermomix gathering where a consultant came to give a demo of the machine and fed us a 6 course meal. Everything was so good and I was amazed at the functions of the device. On the menu were a strawberry sorbet, garlic and herb cream cheese dip and crackers, potato and leek soup, rosemary and garlic pizza bread, paprika chicken with zucchini and carrot zoodles, and vanilla custard. 









Although I was stuffed after the demo, I had an orange and another scone for a late supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment